“What is a Surface Designer!?” You ask. Well, the best way I can describe it is this. You know the patterns on tissue boxes, fabric, shower curtains and wallpaper? A Surface Designer is the person who creates those patterns. It is our job to create the artwork that goes onto products. My specialty lies in textiles. I like to create patterns and artwork for fabric and then use that fabric to turn into beautiful things with other designers (or by myself). I primarily work with silk, but I can work with other fabric as well such as cotton or velvet.
- Surface Designers are constantly studying color and motif trends. We know what the latest trends are, and what people are attracted to.
- Speaking of color…if you are a surface designer, you have probably taken at LEAST one course in color theory in your life. We not only know what colors are popular and most likely to sell, but we also know what colors look great together, and what clashes.
- Buying fabric from a big box store can make it difficult to find just what your looking for. Surface Designers can make something totally customizable for you! Looking for that perfect shade of red, or just a different pattern/motife that you can’t find in stores?! We are the people to call!
- Working with costume fabric takes your brand from “drab to fab!” Having fabric made specially for you makes your project even more luxurious than if you bought your fabric from a big box store.
- Two heads are better than one. Everyone has a different set of skills and talents. Working with another designer just increases the quality and knowledge behind your work, and people will see that.
If you are interested in learning more, or placing an order through me, please contact me here.
“The right product in the wrong color won’t sell.”